Saturday, April 26, 2008

I Love This Game

I believe that the only game I have ever, ever loved was none other than Pokemon! I love it! I have played, and finished each and every Pokemon game from pokemon Yellow-Emerald.

Actually, the games are separated into four groups. I have played the first three groups because, unfortunately, the fourth was designed for a Nintendo DS, which I, apparently, don't have. These groups are called "Generations" and these Generations also has their own divisions called “Versions.” Now, each generation has its own storyline, own characters, and own pokemon and each version has the exact storyline as the other versions in the Generation (Are you getting all that?). Though all of them have many differences, there is always one ultimate goal. Defeat the Pokemon League and reign as pokemon master. I’m telling you, it’s a beautiful, beautiful game that I think you will eventually love as much as I do.



Generation 1 (Versions: Yellow, Red, Green and Blue)

The first Generation revolves on the original master, the master among the masters, the one and only, Ash Catchem. Ash is a 12 year old boy who has a dream of becoming the best among the rest. His starter is Pikachu, a lightning type pokemon who can create enormous electric charges and colossal thunder bolts with a little help from his red cheeks. The game is simple really. The key is patience, trust and teamwork. You can’t just train one pokemon because you’ll need a whole battalion to win the game with flying colors. At first, it was a real challenge. But at the end, it was all worth it. The first version in this generation, and this game as well, is called Yellow Version. This version, for me, is definitely the best. It’s the original and it has all that energy in it for something so old. It’s fabulous.

Generation 2 (Versions: Crystal, Gold and Silver)

Pokemon Crystal, the very first RPG (Role Playing Game) I've ever accomplished. One of the best, I tell you, I memorized every encounter like it was written on the back of my hand. What’s so cool about this Generation is that this is where they started adding new pokemon. Originally, there are 152 pokemon but in these versions, there were, I think, 304? And they all looked like so new and powerful. All of them were stunning at first, but I just kinda got used to them. In these versions, there is a legend that envelopes the storyline (actually, there’s a legend on all versions, but I think this one has the best). About a bird, that has rainbow colored feathers, and three unwillingly powerful dogs, that can control the volcanoes, the thunderclouds and the seas. These three were punished and banished from the world and turned to stone. Unfortunately, you’re going to have to wake them up if you want to finish the game. Hehehe

Generation 3 (Versions: Emerald, Sapphire and Ruby)

These, my friends, are the latest. If Gen 1 wins on best storyline and best picture, Gen 2 wins the best legend and best actor, Gen 3 definitely wins best graphics, battle style, and many more (most colorful, prettiest character, coolest pokemon, worst bosses, etc…)

The best thing about this is that you can really explore the place, and I mean EXPLORE. It’s so big, biggest map ever I think. And the puzzles will drive you nuts. Damn, I miss this game. The only thing I can say about this Generation is that it has way better graphics, sound, pokemon, and shitty stuff.

Actually, I can't really explain how I exactly love this game. Maybe because when I had no one to turn to, this was my only output of terrible feelings. Anyway, if anyone asks me what i love the most or what my favorite past-time is, its definitely Pokemon.

No comments: